We offer discounts for all veterans!
Are You in Need of a Drug Crime Lawyer Near Rochester, NY?
Experienced Drug Crime Lawyer – Fighting for Justice and Fair Treatment
While many drug cases are non-violent, New York state laws can be harsh even for simple possession. For clients in the Rochester, NY area, there’s help. Attorney David Wade is a lawyer who represents clients accused of drug charges like marijuana or narcotics possession. With a career spanning more than a decade, he’s a reliable, professional attorney who can help his clients clear their names. He proudly represents clients in any of these areas:
- Rochester, NY
- Avon, NY
- Brockport, NY
- Chili, NY
- Gates, NY
- Greece, NY
- Henrietta, NY
- Hilton, NY
- Livingston County, NY
- Monroe County, NY
- Webster, NY
Call attorney Wade today for representation in your drug case. Discounts available for college students, teachers, and military veterans!
Hiring a Marijuana Lawyer
Cannabis laws have been changing rapidly over the last decade. Many states, including New York, are reconsidering their stance on marijuana. While New York hasn’t outright legalized cannabis like Colorado or Washington, lawmakers have significantly reduced the penalties for cannabis possession in the Empire State. Additionally, legislators continually develop New York’s medical marijuana system.
If an offender possesses less than one ounce of cannabis, they’ll only face a $50 fine. The state doesn’t punish low-level possession offenders with jail time. Low-level possession charges also won’t affect your criminal record.
However, if an offender is arrested with more than an ounce of marijuana, they’ll face greater punishments including criminal charges. They include:
- First-degree cannabis possession – Possession of one or two ounces of marijuana is a civil violation. Punishable by fines up to $200.
- Possession of between two and eight ounces of cannabis is punishable by a $1,000 fine.
- If an offender possesses between eight and 16 ounces of cannabis, the state may sentence them to up to four years in prison and $5,000 in fines.
- Possessing between 16 ounces and 10 pounds of cannabis is a serious offense. Punishable by up to seven years in prison and $5,000 in fines.
- If an offender has more than 10 pounds of marijuana, they could end up in jail for 15 years and pay $5,000 in fines.
If the police arrested you for drug possession, an attorney can help. A drug lawyer can ensure that the police don’t violate your rights during your marijuana case.
Hiring a Narcotics Lawyer
While lawmakers in New York are slowly loosening restrictions on cannabis, they’re not doing the same to laws surrounding other narcotics. New York law criminalizes possession of nearly any other controlled substances including:
- LSD or “Acid,”
- Heroin or other opiates
- PCP or “Angel Dust”
- Prescription drugs if the offender does not have a valid prescription
If the state finds an offender guilty of possessing one of these substances, the offender may face felony charges. These crimes are punishable by up to $100,000 in fines and 20 years in jail. However, with a lawyer’s help, you may be able to avoid these penalties for narcotics possession drug charges. Often, an attorney can convince the court to suspend their client’s drug charges in favor of probation or a deferment plan. This is especially true for first-time offenders.
Consult With a Drug Charge Attorney
Since 2009, attorney Wade has helped clients in the Rochester, NY area beat their drug charges. He can help clients perform a number of essential legal tasks for their case. These include:
- Drafting and filing court documents
- Negotiating with the prosecution
- Representing you in court
- Ensuring you comply with all court-mandated regulations and deadlines
If you need a reliable, capable lawyer to represent you in a marijuana or narcotics drug case, there’s help. You don’t need to do this alone. Instead, contact attorney Wade today. Discounts are available for teachers, college students, and veterans!